I recently started bullet journaling back in June, and as part of this I made a range of lists of things I wanted to do, places I wanted to go, things I wanted to experience and even restaurants and bars I wanted to try – all of which had no particular time limit, it was just nice to see things written down.
One of the only lists that did have a time limit was what I wanted to do over summer – sort of a bucket list for summer 2018*. Some seem more achievable than others, especially considering merely a week after buying my bullet journal I lost my job! Anyway, check out what I would like to do in the next couple of months and what I have already done so far.
*I am taking ‘summer’ as from the start of May until the end of September.
- Watch the sunrise – I feel summer can’t be summer until you have seen that sun come up, somewhere!
- Sky Garden in London ✔️ – I was a little disappointed with this place. Has anyone else been here and found it pretty underwhelming compared to other ‘high rise’ venues like the Shard?
- Eat a ‘99’ ice cream in the park like I was a little girl ✔️ –This is as yummy as it used to be but now they cost £3! What is THAT about?
- Burger at Beef and Birds on Brick Lane ✔️ – I saw this place on Instagram and really wanted to try it for their World Cup specials; it exceeded every expectation and I will be going back.
- Freejumping at Oxygen or Flip Out – …because jumping…
- Go to the beach in the UK ✔️ – I think it must have been at least 12 years since I was at the beach in the UK which is ridiculous! I went to Bournemouth in June which I loved so much – helped by this glorious weather we have been having.
- Tour London by night on a bus tour – touristy but I love my city after dark.
- Tickets to see Chicago on the West End – really hope to arrange soon
- Zip wire over London – …because weeeeeeeeeeeeee…
- Go to London Zoo’s Night Zoo ✔️- This was one of the first things I wanted to do this summer and I would highly recommend it. You can read more about it in my Night Zoo blog post here.
- Climb over the o2 – The bear went over the mountain, Ellie will go over the o2.
- Source clients as a freelancer ✔️ – I gotta start somewhere…
- Watch Ocean’s 8 ✔️ – I eagerly await any Sandra Bullock film with childlike anticipation and this one didn’t disappoint.
- Get my blog up and running ✔️ – Maybe the scariest on this list
- Plan a trip in August, at the very least in September – I wanted to go somewhere with my friends in May/June but couldn’t arrange anything due to my circumstances changing, but this will be the first thing I plan once I’m back in a job!
- Go for a picnic in the park ✔️ – So far, I have been on one ‘proper’ picnic, but I’ve managed to relax in the park on many more occasions.
- Take a boat on the lake at Alexandra Palace – I took a swan pedalo out on the water in Italy when I was about 5 and ended up quite stuck. I’d like to see if this is still fun as a grownup!
- Visit ‘Tearing it Up’ exhibit before 22nd August – Must.visit.more.exhibits. Must.be.more.cultured. Must.go.to.more.museums.
- Watch the sunset – I’ve seen the sun go down many time this summer so far, but it isn’t the same as watching it SET.
- Tickets to Shakira ✔️ – Purchased and attended. She is unbelievable live. I hadn’t seen her before but was super impressed at how ‘real’ she sounded < if you get what I mean.
- Explore some towns and cities in the UK – So far I have been to Newcastle, Durham (where I’m from), Oxford and Bournemouth. I’d like to visit Bath and Cambridge before summer is out, and potentially return to Edinburgh because I love it there.
- Go to a theme park in the UK – I haven’t been to a theme park in the UK since I was 14! TEN years!
- Go to a food festival – I have already been to a beer festival which was super cool, but I pick food over beer, anyday!
- Try some new recipes ✔️- Probably the easiest on the list for me – I’ve already experimented with some cakes, buns and cooking ‘Basa’ which I’d not even heard of until recently!
- FIND A NEW JOB! – Obvs…
Let me know in the comments below what you would like to do this summer and anything interesting you have already done! Also, do tell me if you would like to hear more on any of the above – the concert experience, cooking, the beach day, anything!