Christmas is one of those times where everyone is expected to be merry. Now that the anticipation of it all is over for another year, it’s time to come face to face with the things that are just not that great about Christmas. So move over Ebeneezer, this is the cinnamon scented stuff I just can’t stick…
- Brussel sprouts – I don’t hate sprouts, but at Christmas there’s a load of them about and if they are not done right they end up being really mushy and that is what I don’t like!
- Peppermint flavour everything – It just reminds me of polos.
- Elves – I can’t even really explain this one, they’re just weird. Humans dressed as them = weird. Elves on shelves = weirder. Curly shoes with bells on = nope.
- Crowds – I don’t like shopping at the best of times so it’s at this time of year I really revel in the joys of clicking and collecting.
- The pressure on people to be happy – This one is a lot deeper than the others on the list, but many people feel overwhelmed this time of year by the chaos of everything and how everywhere seems to tell you what you must be buying and how many parties you should be going to.
- Carol Singers – Ding dong merrily on…no. Just, no. Especially in train stations at rush hour.
- Work Christmas Parties – No Sharon, I don’t want to do secret Santa or photocopy a body part.
- Half naked Christmas trees – You know the ones; there’s likely one in your local post office or supermarket foyer. They have barely any baubles and not nearly enough lights.
- People opening their gifts – Wait, I will explain. After you spend ages wrapping them and making everything look so pretty – TRRRRRR, and it’s gone. Ribbons, bows and all things sparkly torn off and shoved into a bin liner. #gutted.
Hopefully this post put a smile on your face and maybe made you think just what about the holidays you’re not a fan of. Let me know below what you could do with ditching at this time of year.