You don’t have to have been in the blogging world for long to notice what a loving and supportive community it is. From the day I started blogging (and a little bit before hand because I was super apprehensive about the whole thing and reached out for support on Twitter before starting my blog) the community has always been a great cheerleader. With a number of awards floating around the blogosphere, it is always lovely to hear when another blogger feels like your content is worth nominating for a said award. The talented Ms Chloe Osborn over at Writing the Blue Away nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award so big thank you to her and definitely check out her site as she is such a lovely blogger and great writer!
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be so many things when I grew up. This changed A LOT. I wanted to be everything from a dancer to a forensic pathologist. The first thing I ever remember wanting to be was a pilot and I was very close to studying civil engineering instead of journalism in university! Through all of these things though, writing was was I kept coming back to so I think that is the best path for me now.
How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since July 2018. My first post is here!
What do you think is the film you have watched the most times?
This is probably Titanic…
What do you like most about your appearance/favourite physical feature?
I like the colour of my eyes and my height. (My eyes are hazel and I am 5ft 10).
What skill would you love to learn?
I would love to be able to speak Arabic.
What would be the title of your autobiography?
Maybe I would go for something compelling like one word – Michelle Obama style or perhaps a thought provoking sentence – but in all honesty I have absolutely no idea, yet!
Do you know any other languages apart from your native one?
Unfortunately not. I would love to be able to speak so many languages fluently – the complexities of the Arabic have fascinated me since I was a child although I’ve never managed to be a fluent speaker.
What is your go-to outfit for a casual day?
Jeans and jumper most of the time and if it is summer then a colourful skater skirt and a simple t-shirt.
Why did you start blogging?
I started my blog so I would have an online record/portfolio of things that I was writing. When I lost my job in summer 2018 one of the only things that stopped me from going completely mad was writing – that and the sunshine. I decided I needed a platform to direct people to if I was going to start making a living out of my writing – something I am still hoping to do one day.
Which song holds the best memories for you?
I don’t really attach meanings to songs the way a lot of people do. If I had to pick something I would maybe go for the song Memory from the musical Cats, because of how that is linked in to my 21st birthday celebrations and seeing the show in London.
What is your favourite meal?
My favourite meal is mince and dumplings – I made a blog post on it here.
- What is your favourite word?
- What era or period of time would you like to have been around in?
- What is one job that you would love to do for a day?
- What do you admire the most in a person?
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
- What is your favourite personality trait about yourself?
- If you could witness any event of the past or future, what would it be?
- What are you interested in which most people are not?
- If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the most annoying?
- What was the last thing you Googled?
- What is your favourite emoji?
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
As the name may suggest, the sunny themed award is a way of us bloggers being able to give recognition to those whose blogs we enjoy reading – the ones who bring a beam of light into our feeds with the content they create. The rules state that you must thank the person who nominated you, answer the questions they have asked, ask some of your own eleven questions and nominate up to eleven more people to take part. I can never keep track of who has been nominated and who hasn’t when it comes to these awards, so here are some wonderful bloggers I would like to nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award (I know a few have definitely been nominated before, but they are just THAT amazing, so be sure to check them out!)
- @Chimmykins – chimmyville.co.uk
- @Anaisnblog – anais-n.com
- @TheBossBabeBlog – http://www.bossbabechroniclesblog.com/
- @Blushrougette – https://blushrougette.com/
- @shannenxclaire – https://shannenclaire.co.uk/
- @emily_aagaard – https://www.emilyaagaard.com/
- @nikkidiscovers – https://nikkidiscovers.wordpress.com/
- @offasmallisland – offasmallisland.com
- @_hazellillian – https://hazellillian.co.uk/